The MA studies at the Faculty of the Italian Language and Culture at the University of Warsaw, and a number of sojourns in Rome, very fruitful from the linguistic perspective, have given me excellent knowledge of Italian, which knowledge I have been constantly improving ever since - through studying on my own, translating, and, recently, also through preparing myself for a certificate of a sworn translator issued by the Ministry of Justice.
It is a language that enchanted me early in my youth and soon became my passion, uninterruptedly developed until today. After very few years of learning – partly on my own and partly in a famous Methodist English Language College in Warsaw - in 1990 I passed the prestigious examination Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, and I reached the final of the All-Poland English Language Contest for Secondary Schools. Then I developed my English skills in London, next, in Warsaw during my student years and after that, at the English Teachers Training College under the auspices of the University of Warsaw. Those skills were so great that they allowed me to successfully teach English, for 8 years, at the Warsaw based private universities: WSP TWP and WSEI. I am still improving those skills through work as a translator, through my participation in courses for translators at the Association of Polish Translators and Interpreters and in many other ways.
I have gained the greatest experience in the following fields:
- law (agreements, powers of attorney, minutes),
- business (documents connected with the company activity, balance-sheets, reports, letters),
- insurance (I participated for a few years in a translating project for PZU Życie S.A.),
- PR and marketing (press releases, catalogues, offers),
- technical translations (material control, SAP, specifications, processes),
- IT (software implementations),
- mobile phone industry,
- building and construction,
- tourism, landscape descriptions, agriculture,
- world of fashion, hairdressing, beauty care,
- translation of texts from humanistic disciplines,
I will be pleased to cooperate with you. You can contact me via telephone and e-mail.